Jun 13, 2007

Darwin Awards? I'll take mine at church










This is definitely a case of the aesthetic sense overruling common sense. We were out taking pictures today when the thunderstorms started rolling in. Being commonsensical people, we started home. Except that the clouds were so interesting that I had to get a picture of something, anything. So we stopped off at Norrisville Methodist church, it being the first old building we passed, and took some pictures.

When I got home I found this in my email:


TORNADO WARNING NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE

* AT 450 PM EDT...NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE DOPPLER RADAR INDICATED A SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WITH STRONG ROTATION 14 MILES NORTHEAST OF COCKEYSVILLE...MOVING SOUTHWEST AT 15 MPH.* LOCATIONS IMPACTED INCLUDE... COCKEYSVILLE... NORRISVILLE...

Just about the same time we were there; not a smart move on my part. Fortunately the tornado never quite got its act together, but maybe next time, I'll actually switch that weather radio, that I keep in my car, on.

Anyway, the Norrisville Methodist Protestant Church, as it was original named, was built in 1885. It is in Norrisville, Maryland, near the school & right off Route 23.

Canon 30D

0 comments: