Mar 17, 2008

The Susquehanna Power Company Railroad

The Susquehanna Power Company Railroad was a temporary line, built solely to transport construction materials to the Conowingo Dam in the late 1920's. It was located on the west bank of the river (Harford County), and went from the dam to Havre de Grace where it connected with the PRR.
The old right-of-way now serves as a trail in Susquehanna State park. It's easy to confuse this line with two others in the area: The Port Road, which is across the river, and the Peach Bottom Branch of the now defunct Ma&Pa Railroad.

The old RR bridge at Rock Run now serves as a walking trail