Jun 13, 2008

Vintage Base Ball Club In Havre de Grace Is Looking For Players


(The Dagger Press) - ... Vintage base ball, according to Susquehanna Museum and Lock House President Gary Wasielewski, is “similar to modern baseball, but with some twists: the game is played exactly like it was in 1860s and 1870s.
Players will wear replica uniforms of the era, they’ll play without the use of gloves, and the ball will come in underhanded. While the ball is a little softer than a modern baseball, the bat is somewhat thicker, making for an interesting match experience. Even the name is slightly different.” Continued


Image: Library of Congress

1 comments:

Anthony said...

These old time baseball games are always fun to watch.

Wanted to let you know I joined Stumble Upon and came by to give you a review. Hopefully it will bump up your traffic.

Did you see my new shots of Stan Hywet Hall and Gardens? That's a trip I think you'd enjoy making.

I'd like to pick up some links on my Stark County News and Views... and The North Canton Beat... sites; I'd appreciate you having a look at them. (I'm doing some major updating this week.)