May 14, 2006

Trappe Church

Text from the marker:
Capt. Angus Greme, one of two officers in Lafayette's army who, according to tradition, were so struck with the view from here that they vowed to return after the revolution. Greme did settle nearby with his family and in 1850 he was buried beside Trappe Church, then a chapel of ease (established 1760) of St. George's Episcopal Parish. Present stone building dates from 1875.
(Maryland Bicentennial Commission & Maryland Historical Society)

Camera: Canon 5D & 20D