Jul 7, 2006

Rock Run Mill

"Rock Run Grist Mill, erected in 1794 by John Stump, a prosperous businessman who owned several mills in Harford, Cecil, and Baltimore counties, is a three story stone structure and is fully operational. Inside are displays of 19th century farm and mill equipment. The water powered mill is operated during the summer months.
On weekends between May 1 and Labor Day, Rock Run Grist Mill comes alive when corn is ground into meal in public demonstrations held from 1 to 4 p.m. The meal is bagged and given free to the public. In addition there is a self-guided historical walking tour in the park with a brochure explaining in greater detail the individual points of interest." Read on.
We've blogged on other aspects of Rock Run here, here, & here.

Photos by Kim Choate using a Canon 20D dSLR camera.