Feb 28, 2007

Who will save the Charles?

"Now that Tom Kiefaber has been untied from the railroad tracks just before the final credits, those who enjoy movies for grown-ups can start wondering about James “Buzz” Cusack. Kiefaber’s Senator Theatre remains to live another day, and hallelujah for that. But Cusack’s Charles Theatre’s about to face a threat of its own. And it deserves to be preserved for the same reason as the Senator. There’s more at stake here than a happy movie ending." Read on.

2 comments:

Mary Rayme said...

This bums me out more than The Senator. Lord knows I spent many happy hours in the tin foil lobby of "The Chuck". Damn I miss their crappy popcorn and the prospect of running into friends.

falmanac said...

Can't say I'll miss the popcorn! Though, I haven't been there in a long time. Last movie I saw there was "Lone Star." That was about 10 years ago.