Mar 12, 2008

Elephants march circus into Baltimore


BALTIMORE (Examiner) - Warning: Elephants have been spotted on Baltimore City streets — watch your step.
Nine elephants were in attendance Tuesday at the Pachyderm Parade, a morning promenade to mark the arrival of the Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey Circus in Baltimore. Wearing bright red headdresses and holding each other’s tails with their trunks, the elephants marched from the B&O Railroad Museum down Pratt Street to the 1st Mariner Arena. Link



3 comments:

Matt Santoni said...

Glad to see you posting more photos! While I like the more frequent updates about local historical figures and important dates, I always felt your pics and accompanying history were what drew me in. Hope all is well.

Anthony said...

I miss Baltimore; the last time we visited it was a great time.

Not clear on something, this elephant parade wasn't part of the Republican party primary??

I'm hoping you'll help me out with a project; I think it fits well here if you'd like to do a link exchange.

Bring the world together one window at a time

falmanac said...

Thanks Matthew. I started this project as a photo blog about history and hope to keep it that way. However, my elder care responsibilities sometimes make it hard for me to get out, especially when the weather is cold or hot. Now that it's March, I hope to be gathering some new material for both Falmanac and Nightening right soon.