Jul 13, 2011

Emory Grove in Glyndon has been a serene religious retreat since 1868

(Baltimore Sun) ... This 62-acre, interdenominational religious retreat is composed of 47 small, privately owned cottages, a large open-air pavilion called the Tabernacle and a stately, three-story, 1887 hotel that is on the National Register of Historic Places. It was founded in 1868 as an Methodist camp meeting site during the post-Civil War religious reawakening. Continued